Jan 10, 2011

Doin' Just Peachy Now

I just had that kind of week last week. Everything I did was a failure. (I know you kids like to say "fail" as a noun these days, but I just can't do it when there already is a perfectly acceptable word to do the job. Failure. Look it up). So finally I abandoned all efforts toward making new items for my Etsy store (not to mention dinner for my family) and made something for myself for a change. And it was the only think I managed to get right. See above.

I had a couple yards of soft peachy pink jersey from Mood (I know, I actually found something that cost less than $25/yard), which nicely matched this chiffon handed down to me from a neighbour who was culling her fabric stock. I used the ultra-easy Batwing Top Pattern from Burdastyle.com. I would recommend the pattern to any novice sewer who is comfortable working with stretch knits. If you had a serger, this top would take you about 25 minutes to make. 

And then I sewed on these chiffon flowers I made, inspired by the lovely final project in Grosgrain's "Embellish Your Knits" month. I love stuff like this because it means you don't to wear any jewelry to look done up. Essential for me because I own, like, one pair of earrings and a couple necklaces.
 
 


The pattern can be downloaded at Burdastyle.com. To see how to make the flowers, go to Grosgrain

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sue, I am all over the Burdastyle. I want to make and easy tunic (no stretch fabrics yet). I'll keep you posted on my progress.
    P.s. you look so lovely in peach! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...