Feb 28, 2011

Feathers are the new "Put A Bird On It!"

If you haven't seen the new IFC show Portlandia, get thee to Youtube/Hulu/www.ifc.com stat! It's a series of sketches starring my favourite Saturday Night Live cast member Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein, guitarist from the band Sleater-Kinney. Each sends up an aspect of Portland culture but is so ridiculous.... I love it. Anyone, one funny clip is this one called "Put a Bird On it!"



I think the new "Put A Bird On It" is feathers (though it's really the same thing because feathers come from birds, right?). Anyway, I am so on board with putting feathers on everything. Here's a dress I made last week (It's the Anda pattern on Burdastyle.com. It's really, really easy):


And here's the feather I put on it (using machine embroidery)!
 
Here's a beautiful necklace I got for Christmas from Ryan. It's from Etsy seller Sora Designs:
and here it is close up:
 
  Some other examples of Putting A Feather On It (from Mod Cloth):


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...